Sunday 27 November 2016

I Have No More Point To Prove In Politics - Tony Anenih

Anenih

Ex- minister of Works and former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, BoT, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, has retired from partisan politics, saying he has no point to prove any longer.


The 83-year-old Anenih, who announced his retirement from active politics, yesterday, at the presentation of his autobiography: “My Life and Nigerian Politics,’’ also stressed the need for Nigerians, irrespective of political leanings, to support President Muhammadu Buhari’s efforts to pull the country out of recession.

His words: “I am persuaded that I have no more ambition or any point to prove in politics. I am, therefore, glad to declare that, from today, I shall be withdrawing from active partisan politics. I shall, however, continue to avail the country of my experience, give suggestions and offer advice, as a statesman.”

The former police chief popularly referred to as Mr  fix it, said the prevailing wind of economic recession in Nigeria required all hands on deck and collaborative efforts to surmount it.

“I, therefore, urge Nigerians to persevere and hope for better tomorrow. We must support and pray that God will give the President the wisdom and vision to steer the country away from recession to prosperity,’’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...