Thursday 15 December 2016

At Last, Christian Benteke Reveals His Experience With Jurgen Klopp

Benteke

Belgian international Christian Benteke has revealed for the first time on his experience with his ex-coach at Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp, saying  he never had any problems with him and refuses to blame the German for his Liverpool exit.


The striker joined Liverpool from Aston Villa in July 2015, but had a turbulent time cementing a regular first-team action after Brendan Rodgers was replaced with Klopp in October last year and eventually left the club for Crystal Palace in the off-season.

Nevertheless, Benteke does not bear a grudge against the Liverpool boss.

"I do not think there was a problem with Klopp. We always had a good relationship," Benteke told L'Equipe.

"I went to see him during my first season at Aston Villa, in 2013, when he wanted to sign me for Borussia Dortmund. He liked my style of play.

"But when I signed for Liverpool, it was Brendan Rodgers who wanted me. We met up and had some good talks, so I decided to go to Liverpool. Then six games later or so he got fired. One can only accept such things and deal with it.

"When Klopp came in, I was not his first choice because of the other players present. Maybe I was not the best option for him for his style of play, other players were perhaps a better fit.

"I did not behave like a child. I did not cry about what happened or kicked up a fuss. Even though I clearly wanted to play, it was frustrating."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...