Tuesday 21 March 2017

I Didn't Reject Any Chieftaincy Title From Olubadan- Tinubu

Tinubu

Former Lagos state governor and the national leader of All Progressive Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has dismissed rumour making the rounds in some quarters that he rejected a chieftaincy title offered him by the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, Ajeogungunniso I.


In a statement by his media team yesterday, Tinubu rebuffed the claim that has received prominence through the gossip column of a national newspaper.

The former governor said he held the Ibadan monarch in a very high esteem and could not have rejected a chieftaincy offer from him.

The ex-governor in the statement said: “The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, is one traditional ruler I have tremendous respect for. I was there in Ibadan last year for his installation.

“I hold him in high esteem. Governor Abiola Ajimobi also has respect for him. Why would I reject the offer of a chieftaincy title from him?,” he asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...