Saturday 28 January 2017

LeBron James Compares NBA All-Star Picks To Trump´s Election

James

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James saw similarities between the All-Star picks of NBA players and the election of Donald Trump as president, suggesting "goofy votes" were prevalent in both processes.


James was an open supporter of Democratic nominee Hilary Clinton during the presidential campaign, introducing her at a rally in Cleveland in November.

He aimed a jibe at new commander-in-chief Trump on Friday, responding to a comment from a reporter that there had been "goofy votes" in the All-Star process by joking: "There's always goofy votes. I mean, Donald Trump is our president."

This was the first year players had been given the chance to play a role in choosing who started the All-Star game, with their ballots accounting for 25 per cent of the total.

Of the 324 players who took part, 126 did not select James. There were also a large number of individuals with just one pick, leading to suggestions that some voted for themselves.

The Cavaliers forward still secured a starting spot for the Eastern Conference, though, and he is looking forward to the occasion.

James said: "For me personally it's an honour to represent this franchise. I'm doing something right so I just want to continue doing that.

"I don't take it for granted. I don't know how much I am going to play, I don't know exactly what I'm going to do but I won't disrespect the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...