Saturday 17 December 2016

Okocha: Why The German Bundesliga Is Better Than The English Premier League

Okocha

Former Super Eagles captain, Austin  J. J Okocha has rated the German Bundesliga higher than the highly coveted and rated English Premier league.

The ex- Boltom star made this known while speaking at an interactive session with reporters in the StarTimes, DFL Deutsche Fussball Bundesliga Legend Tour in Lagos yesterday, Okocha said the Bundesliga was a more complete league than the Premier League.


Okocha said, ‘the Bundesliga is better than Premier League in terms of tactical approach, technical approach, discipline, stadium attendance and number of goals scored per week. It is more complete league and actually contributed to my rapid football career because the foundation I had there shaped me for the successes I attained in other leagues in Europe.

“I always tell people that I got to Germany as a boy but left as man. It toughened me, shaped me and turned me into the mercurial player that fans around the world adored”, added the former Eintracht Frankfurt star midfielder.

He added that the Bundesliga has the best youth development program in the world, hinging the success story of German football in recent years to its strong and vibrant youth development initiative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...