Sunday 18 December 2016

Nigerian Coaches’ Constant Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti—Emmanuel Sarki

Sarki

Former Nigerian youth international, Emmanuel Sarki has made a shocking revelation about Nigerian coaches, saying their constant demand for bribe drove him to making the choice of playing for Haiti.


Sarki's allegation buttresses the earlier one by former Super Eagles forward and assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi who also said that Nigerian youth coaches demand staggering sums such as N250,000 from players before they are invited into the teams.

Amokachi spoke when he joined forces with the coalition of Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, operating under the aegis of National Support Groups for Good Governance, NASUGG, protesting in support of war against corruption in Abuja last October.

Sarki who is now 25 and born in Kaduna explained that he tried severally to make the national team, but out of frustration he opted for the Island nation country in the Caribbean where he had roots. He played for all the Nigerian youth teams.

“I was told to pay before  I am called up, that was when I was playing in Israel. I won’t mention the name of the coach.  It was Efe Ambrose who gave me the contact of the coach after telling him of my form. I put a call across to him but he told me to speak with his assistant, who openly asked me for tips.

“A lot of friends asked me to pay the money but the sum they were quoting was way more than what I can afford. I couldn’t and despite my fine form, I wasn’t contacted again. No regret though (because) I’m cool with Haiti, the land of my grand father”.

“I am comfortable with playing for Haiti. You get picked on your form not on what you have to offer the coaches,”the Apollon Limassol forward told Owngoalnigeria.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...