Friday 18 November 2016

Tyronne Ebuehi: Why I Can't Play For Super Eagles Yet

Tyronne Ebuehi

It is a fact that Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has made known his intention to have Nigerian-Dutch starlet Tyronne Ebuehi back into his team, the youngster has ruled himself out of international duty with Nigeria for now.
The 20 -year-old player of mixed Nigerian- Dutch parentage was invited by Rohr to star in the FIFA World Cup qualifier against Algeria, but Ebuehi turned it down. Rohr said on Tuesday that he may still need the player to boost his defensive options.

“I don’t think I’m there yet, there is still a lot to improve in my game. Defensively I have improved a lot but I need the offensive discipline of modern full backs. I have to work on that. I’m sometimes afraid to go forward.
“I am working every day to improve that aspect of my game. For example I have been working on my crosses,” Ebuehi told his club’s official website.
He maintained that he would love to play for Nigeria in the future, since it was the wish of his father.
“My father is always the first to criticise me when I’m not playing well and also the first to praise me if I do well. He sees almost everything about me and tells me the way it is. He gives me constructive criticism so that I can progress, he wants the best for me. I dare say my father is the most important person in my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...