Sunday 20 November 2016

The Soft Side Of Renowned Lawyer And Buhari's Right Hand Man, Prof.Sagey

Professor Sagey

Professor Itse Sagey is a renowned Lawyer and human rights activist. He is also staunch supporter and right hand man to President Muhammed Buhari. In this interview with Punch, Professor Sagey shares his fahterhood experience and lots more.


Excerpts

What is your concept of fatherhood? 
My concept of fatherhood is that of protection and love. A child is an entity one brings into existence by one’s own deliberate act. Of course, God is the maker of every human being, but one needs to participate in the process. As a father, one has a responsibility to love and protect one’s child. One must do everything within one’s capacity to promote the happiness, progress and development of one’s offspring.

Can you recall your major experience as a father?
It was the day I saw my first child for the first time. In my case, my first child was a girl and we bonded well. As the years passed on, our bond became stronger. Unfortunately for me, she became ill and that strengthened our closeness and my anguish. Another greatest, emotional experience I had was my daughter passing away – it devastated me. I was happy when she was alive and her death was equally devastating. I have a small family and we are very close. But the bond I had with my first daughter was special.
Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...