Saturday 19 November 2016

Mourinho Makes Interesting Statement About Wenger Ahead Of Arsenal-Manchester Utd Battle


Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has complained that his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger, is shown more respect that him ahead of their Premier League showdown on Saturday.
According to AFP, Mourinho, 53, has regularly clashed with Wenger, 67, over the course of his two spells as Chelsea manager and his current role at United is not happy with that fact.



“In the Premier League, going just on the Premier League, tomorrow is a match between the two managers with the best record. Sir Alex Ferguson isn’t here anymore,” Mourinho said.
“Tomorrow, I think between the two managers we are speaking about, I think (there are) six or seven Premier League titles. I have three, he has three or four.

“Does that mean we should be respected, even in periods where our results are not the best? I think Mr Wenger has that respect from all of you. I don’t think I have.
“Especially because my last Premier League title was 18 months ago, not 18 years ago. I don’t think I get that respect.

“But to be honest, I just follow my way because I want to win a ninth championship and I want to win a fourth Premier League.”
Wenger will attempt to do what he has never done before - beat Mourinho in a league game. “Some records are better than others,” he told reporters at United’s training base in Carrington, west of Manchester.

“But in the end, a football match is an isolated event, nothing to do with what happened before, nothing to do with what can happen in the future.”
While speaking about his players, he said Rooney was “ready” to face Arsenal after withdrawing from England duty with a minor
knee injury. “Chris Smalling you cannot ask,” Mourinho said. “You cannot ask because you have your sources, you trust your sources, you believe in your sources.

“You write what your sources tell you and you did that for 15 days, so now you are now not going to ask me to comment on your sources’ information, so I don’t say a word about Chris Smalling. “You have your trustful relationship with your sources and you wrote, you spoke, you criticise, so that’s fine for me.

“You do the big headlines with your sources and now I am not interested in commenting on that.” He also gave approval for Luke Shaw and said: “ Luke Shaw I comment, yes,” he said. “He worked well in this period where we had a very small group, which is not the best, but he worked really well.
“He is ready to play. I don’t have any problem with him. I am not saying he plays or he doesn’t play tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...